Unit 3 AOS 3 - Role of the courts as law-makers
- the ability of judges and courts to make law
- the operation of the doctrine of precedent
- reasons for interpretation of statutes by judges;
- effects of statutory interpretation by judges;
- strengths and weaknesses of law-making through the courts;
- the relationship between the courts and parliament in law-making.
- define key legal terminology and use it appropriately
- discuss, interpret and analyse legal information
- apply legal principles to relevant cases and issues
- describe the nature, importance and operation of courts as law-makers
- analyse the impact of courts in law-making
- critically evaluate the law-making processes of courts
- discuss the relationships between law-making bodies.